Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Friday, May 15, 2015

The Big Z

May 14, 2015

It is the fourth time around. Maybe I will weather the storm a little better this time. It is that flu like pain - good pain, they call it. Does anyone like 'flu-like' pain?  I think not.

But this time I have a different perspective. Kristin has been fighting off "the bug." At least I am not fighting bugs. At least this passes in a day or two. The hack -cough that she has just lingers until it feels like moving on.  She does not act like it, nor slow down, but she has to be exhausted.

So why should I complain?   I'm not, this time.  This is a mind game, so they say.  Mind over matter. Mind over Zometa.

Let Aleve be your friend.

I commented to Karin that the bag of clear stuff that looks like water is so interesting. I mean, what is it exactly that allows something that looks as innocent as water to make your bones grow.   It seems like it should be a color or something.

I don't know how it works, but I know that I am very thankful for those people who have scientific minds and just have to try to figure things out. I am thankful that they figured out a way to take the same stuff that makes a kid's bones grow strong and put it in a bag to help an old lady like me.

No more aquifer bones for me....well, soon, I hope.  I'm not even halfway there, yet I have made it much farther along than I expected in January.  Thank you.....Lord....and prayer warriors.

Typically I would go home and curl up on the couch, and wait out the next 48 hours, pain and all.

This time. I'm taking a different route. There is living to do. I will rest also, but not all the time. There are more important things happening, so I can't bear to shut the world out.

Roger's Lesson:  Balance. Be sure to rest and let the meds work, but keep on living. For as long as your feet are on this earth, there are people to see and living to do.

So, I rest up after the drip, then have a quiet evening, for I have a very busy Friday. The calendar just fell that way, and with all that is within me, I am going to try to participate in the things I love, with people I love.

Ah, Zometa. I love you too! I love what you do to strengthen me. I love that my body has so far rejected many of your side effects. I even love that you keep bringing me fatigue to help me remember that balance is a good thing and rest is needful at times.

Zometa. Is that yet another way of saying Great Physician?
One of the many ways He works in my life.
Ever present.

No comments:

Post a Comment