Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Torched

The weather took a turn for the cooler. AHHHH. 

I love it because this means - yard work!

Roger loved it because it meant winter would be here soon. 

He humored me with yard work. I learned over the years that if I could organize it properly, I could keep his attention and his willingness to cut, pull, or drag things to the street for about 20 minutes on either side of a run. If I was lucky, an hour, but only one one side of the run. 

I have an odd assortment of garden tools. I always thought that if I ever found just the right one, Roger would be captivated by it - and use it on his own.  Nope - no initiative when it came to yard work.    "Tool Time" was one of my favorite shows. It was no where near one of his favorites!

I was confined to the comfy couch one evening, trying to forget my aching self, and ran across a post by David. David always posts interesting things and I loved this!

It it a garden tool!  I have spent many hours reclining in my adirondak, gazing up into the mossy trees, and imagining a tool - a long stick with a trigger or push button on the end - and a laser on the other. Yes, like those pointy pens that make the red dot on the wall.  Only this thing would heat up the moss where it touched the tree, and poof, it would drop off the tree and into the trash can! Perfect, right?  Roger informed me that lasers generate heat and heat causes fires. 

Silly, I know that! My plan was to turn the laser off before it started a fire! Of Course! 



This gadget looks like ever so much MORE fun! 
It is something like a flame thrower! Of course, it is not meant to aim up at the tree, but rather to aim down at the ground and to burn the very seeds out of nothing other than weeds! Brilliant! 

I never asked Roger for one of these. I already know what he would have said. 


"Are you out of your ever-loving' mind? Who even gave you this idea"
"Sweet little David, dear."
"That Polish family of mine - what will they think of next?"

Well.....I'm with the family on this one. Vinegar sure doesn't kill the weeds! 

Roger's Lesson: Just because someone says something is a good idea does not mean that it is. Think about it here, if you shoot fire out at something, something or someone is going to get burned. You need to TPA!  (Think, Plan, Act) - It is because of people like you, that society needs people like me. 

Oh good grief
Party Pooper! 

A girl can still dream! 

1 comment:

  1. Cute post, Judi. TPA has saved me from my own antics a lot of times. :-)))

    ReplyDelete