Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Brilliant!

It was one of those days in December 2014 that seemed to be rare. It was cold.

I walked out to do those ordinary things of life - take out the recycling and trash.

Then I saw it - the pink reflection on the tree trunks. I turned to the west and saw the most brilliant sunset that I had seen in a long long time.

It was just what I needed that afternoon. It had just been one of those days. Let's call it low key. Sad.


Then, all of a sudden, all it took was a breath of brisk air and becoming aware of the color around me.

It just made me think of God and all of His Glory.  Those clouds were so unusual. And they pointed up. Clouds generally float about on a horizontal plane.

But not this day.
These clouds made me stop and reflect on life. On our life together. On the way that God allowed our paths to cross and for our hearts to fall in love. On the way He guided us to this place to build our home and our family. On the way Roger so enjoyed sitting in the swing and watching the sun set.

And in moments, the sky was quiet and serene and darkness came upon the sky.

But for a few moments, I was able to stand in awe of God's creation for that moment in time.
And it changed the course of my day.

Roger's Lesson:   Don't stay inside too long. You'll miss too much. Look around, God speaks in the most remarkable ways. 

Yes - I'll keep singing His praises. His brilliance is all around me. He's getting me through, day by day.


1 comment:

  1. You are inspiring as you seek to keep your lessons for yourself and for us vicariously so positive.

    ReplyDelete