Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Oob-what?

 A simple trip to the store.

Well, a trip to Publix with Emily is never simple, nor without hilarity.

She was telling me about science and this stuff we just had to make. She insisted that she knew the recipe and that it would be 'just great.'

It had something to do with Dr. Seuss. It is called Oob-leck.

So we headed to the store for Corn Starch - ONLY Corn Starch.

Somehow we passed this basket of junk juice. Well, I call it that. Kristin probably does as well.

"Ohhhhh, Juci!  This is mine and Jacob's FAVORITE drink, so can't we just get some"

"Hmm - I am pretty sure that mom would not think that is a good idea."

"Oh, but Juci, did you know that RoRo would always buy it. He would think it was a good idea, so I think you should get it because he would - you want to do what RoRo would do, don't you?"

Heart Melt.

Roger's Lesson:  Redeem the time.  Allen's Ice Cream was not always the healthiest thing for them either, but it was fun and it did taste good.  And it left them with good memories.

I guess that is enough said.

1 comment: