Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Quality Control

A week before Christmas, 2014.  The house smells amazing!    For anyone who is a choco-holic, this is certainly the place to be!  Emily would have had a licking frenzy! Girl. Loves. Chocolate!

Roger loved chocolate too, so it would have been quite the contest!  I can control myself.

Writing this in hindsight, I see how things were more than just a little different this year.

I did not bake with Emily and Jacob and much as in previous years. It was perhaps, because they were in school when my energy levels were high.

My urges to bake came at most unusual times. Too much day-napping. Too much midnight energy. Or not.


I made pounds and pounds of fudge, dozens of cookies, containers of cookie dough.
Most were packaged up and never left the dining table.

I just did not get it to the destination.  Just too tired.

Blow it off to emotional drain. Blow it off to getting older.  Blow it off to disorganization.

Disorganization? That is not me. That is never me!  Make a note.

Hopefully feelings were not hurt if those who regularly received "juci's Famous Fudge" did not receive this year. It was not intentional.

Roger's Lesson:  You have to interact with people and not just do stuff. You also have to give yourself a break. It is who you are and not what you do that actually means something.

How often did he say that? The relational person vs the task person. Shall I ever ever learn?

Hmm....but I can guarantee this - Roger Tome would not failed to have been my official officer of quality control! It was his most favorite off-shift job!


2 comments:

  1. I loved being in your yummy home the week after Christmas. It was an eventful week and God is walking with you and all who love you every step of the way. When do I get to come back to see you.... I love hanging out with you.

    ReplyDelete