Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

After the Rain

This was Roger's job. Driving was always Roger's job. He never let me take over for him - never suggested it. I'm pretty sure I offered, but probably not sincerely.

Eh-lahn-eh.  (phonetic spelling for Atlanta) - Ah, one of my favorite cities. I love I-75 through downtown. I loved it more when Roger drove it.

Life throws you these curves and you either have to give into - "I can't do that" or you have to put on your big girl britches and just do it.

Thank goodness for a friend who was willing to go along for the ride. Thank goodness she was not scared for me to drive! She was willing, but I stayed determined that I could do this thing.

I did find that there is a difference between being able to do a thing and enjoying doing a thing though! These days, driving to Oviedo is more than I care to do too often, so driving to Atlanta - that was a big undertaking.

I think Roger would have been proud of me!

Sometimes it rains. Rain can make me sad if I let it, or it can remind me of the sunny days and make me appreciate them even more.

I don't particularly like driving in it, but we survived rainy I-75 through downtown Atlanta.
And sunny days, lots of creativity, and a wonderful visit with siblings and cousins followed.

Roger's Lesson:
In order to get to a desired destination, generally you have to go through some tough stuff to get there. But, you are always glad when the destination was as delightful as your anticipation. 

Yes, I know this journey of mine, though sad at times, will lead me to new growth and I know my final destination will be more amazing than I can even imagine.

And I know that he is experiencing it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment