Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What's the Password?

It is a book report. I love creative teachers who mix it up and don't make every report a written one.

Children are pretty creative by nature and most of the time, if you just teach them to execute things neatly, their ideas come across very effectively.

Yes, I am one of those - make it neat - art teachers.
Why?  If you can't communicate effectively, then no one 'gets' your creative ideas.  It only takes a little extra time to be neat, to clear out the clutter, to make your thoughts clear.

Emily loves to 'slap that paint on' but is a good student and is beginning to learn that efficient work means keeping the paint on the tips of the brush, as opposed to scooping it onto the brush - and the table - and her arms, etc.

She is really good with glue. Foam brushes! Dream material! She has been using those for years!

And glitter! EVERYTHING is better with glitter - a girl has to add a bit of bling!

She is not as fond of the hot glue, but sometimes, that is what it takes.

Her photo is just for Ro-Ro.  He had a nickname for her and she loved it.  She was his little
"Pumpkinhead"         -   I don't really know where that came from except that when she was little, he would call her 'pumpkin'....kind of like 'Punky' - family name, I guess!!

Later it evolved into pumpkinhead. Papa used to call Kristin and Karin 'capusta-head'.  I figure it must be one of those Polish things.   (Better than Kielbasa head, I suppose)

Roger's Lesson:  Pick a name no one else would use - and then, because it is really different, use it as your password. You'll always remember it and no one else will figure it out.  Including the wifey!
"PumpkinheadEmily"

And because all passwords should be private, be sure to write it on a paper and leave it in your locker at work.    Oh Roger, technology and you.....I wonder if there is technology in Heaven.....


I suppose not.
Perfect for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment