Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Renewed!

 The last big accomplishment for May 12. Karin and I made a quick little trip out to the Magic Kingdom. Oh yes, one of Roger's favorite hangouts.  

I think he liked Main St. USA because he was an old soul. He was not a fan of change, although he adapted when he had to.  I came to realize that this family loves our Disney passes and we have spent lots of great times together at WDW over the years.  I guess Disney is just in our blood, so it just made sense to go ahead and renew my pass. It was hard to do though.

Pass renewal was something we ALWAYS did together. We did it on our anniversary every year. Roger did not care about 'stuff' and I grew weary of collecting things that needed dusting, so passes were a perfect solution to that gift dilemma. We gave each other Disney Passes for our Anniversary for so many years, I have forgotten how long. 

The young cast member at Guest Services was so cheerful and helpful that it made the process very easy. I was so afraid it was going to be a tearful transaction.  

Karin is so much like her daddy that it was really fun to be with her tonight. She picks up on the most subtle things that he would always do. Things that I did not think about too much, maybe because he did them so much! It was fun to laugh about everything from how to navigate a crowd to how to get to a dinner place and divide and conquer in order to get the table you wanted. We had dinner in one of his favorite places. She even ate mayo with her meal, just so things would feel normal for me.  Ugh....I could not do that. Sorry, Roger! 

By the time we returned home, I was fairly well exhausted. It was a long day, it was an exhausting day, but it was a very good day.

Roger's Lesson: He would tell me that things are generally better when you have a plan. Today's plan worked!

And I felt his presence throughout the day. And that was a very good thing. 
Thank you prayer warriors! I could not have done this alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment