Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Roger's Swing

Reflecting - Dreaming - Pondering - Wondering....

It is a good place to sit for almost any occasion, though it has been mostly empty for the last year.

December 26 - I sat there for a while. Fighting what I though was possibly walking pneumonia, the girls convinced me to see the doctor right away after Christmas. After all, I had slept away Christmas afternoon - on the couch - with a very large dog. That alone screamed...."something is pretty far from normal here!"

I humored the girls and went. Two weeks until my Europe trip - surely I could fight it off, but it would be easier with an antibiotic.  I was sent promptly for a chest X-ray. No problem.

When I got home, exhausted from that crazy dry cough, I reclined for a nap. Then the phone rang. Doc office: "Go to the Pulmonologist NOW."

Hello - what is a Pulmonologist?

When I returned home from that visit - life changed - a little.  40% lung capacity with fluid around the lungs. How in the world would that happen?  From that broken rib back in October perhaps?
Strange - time to ponder. Well - A fluid drain at the hospital on Dec 30 will reveal more.

Roger's Lesson: Pay attention to your doctor. They see things you don't.

Well, Roger - that might be considered odd advice coming from you. But I will sit in the swing and  try to consider it.

2 comments:

  1. I'll soon be there to sit in the swing with you. We will ponder together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will come sit in your swing with you whenever. Love ya, Girl.

    ReplyDelete