Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Call for Prayer


I started copying texts and emails into a little leather journal that my sister gave Roger a couple of years ago. Yes, I had to live through, and copy the timeline of that day...much of it was a blur, so in a way, I am glad that I did not delete anything from my feed.  This I know, action was fast. My first responder would have been so proud of the actions that took place, the calmness, the swiftness. What you sow, you reap. He was never alone and I am forever thankful that the neighbor who stopped to talk was available to God at that moment. Angels in disguise, we call it. 
One thing was evident through the texts....call for prayer, messages of immediately responding to requests for prayer. Scripture. Love. Prayer. Wow....

I mean, we often THINK that we do that, but do we really.....our friends did what we were unable to do in the moment. You carried us through. How do I ever EVER thank you?

No comments:

Post a Comment