Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Friday, February 14, 2014

The Road Ahead

This popped up randomly today. God speaks in the most unusual ways sometimes. I know that Roger is in a great place. I know that he would not choose to come back to this weary old world if he could. At the moment, I am not quite sure that I can say he would not be better off with me.....but really, that is really very selfish thinking at best.   We are all on a road to our eternal home. He would stop and ask though...what eternal home are you headed to?  Mine will be with him, in Heaven, with God, because of Christ, not due to anything good I may have ever done. It is a gift. Free to me, but not without the cost of Jesus' blood shed for me. I accepted that gift. The road toward my eternal home is pretty lonely at the moment, but I know this too is a season. I know that family and friends will help to fill the void, but there always will be a void. If you get a chance for one great love in your life, you probably should be pretty happy...even if the time was too short.  This gal is blessed.    I'll stay on path on which God placed me. Where is yours leading? 


No comments:

Post a Comment