Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Blessings of Friends






 Oh my goodness, friends. The FB posts, the texts, the calls...they have overwhelmed me with your love. You can never know how scrolling through my phone these days has carried me through. I am so very thankful for each and every life that has crossed my path....God put you there for a reason and I am so blessed for it. Losing a loved one is never easy, fast is not easy, slowly is not easy. The memories however are many, and good. To God be the Glory for that! As I read each text or post, I recalled how I know each of you and thank God for you and your impact on me. I am sooooooo blessed beyond belief to hear how my Roger touched so many lives. I am quickly realizing how so many little things made up the amazing man that he was. We take little things for granted so often. How foolish. Hug your loved ones tonight, cherish them, and most of all, be sure that you will all meet again in eternity, with Christ. I can not even imagine getting through these days without the blessings of family, friends and mostly my precious Savior. Saturday will be a really tough day, and yet, I know it will also be a glorious one. Your prayers are keeping me moving forward. I love you, each and every one!


No comments:

Post a Comment