Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Roger's Toys

Aircraft Truck - Roger's toys are cool! 
Talk about making a tough job easier. Chief Rick Anderson gave us a tour of the station and we saw all of the really cool stuff that surrounded Roger every third day of his last 42 years.  How cool is this truck! It is an aircraft truck and carries enough water to fill a really huge swimming pool...and can go 70mph and not even slosh. They said it was an easy ride! The whole fire can be commanded from the cab. Gotta love technology and the people who create these things. Those tires are as tall as a 7 year old child! 

I realized today that there really are moments during this journey, when you can roll those tears away and really enjoy the stuff your mate found so interesting. I came away really appreciating the things he did that not only provided for us financially, but gave him such enjoyment.

The Lesson - I think Roger would say to find something you are passionate about and do it for a job...clearly for 52 years, firefighting did not seem like a job to Roger. He LOVED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment