Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Friday, February 21, 2014

NASA/KSC Fire Dept C-Shift

NASA/KSC Fire Dept C Shift
Today was one of those days where you just knew it was going to be a tough, snatch off the bandaid, and cry a lot days. We went to KSC to clean out Roger's locker. I have to admit though, when I saw Chief's (Rick Anderson) smiling face at the badging center, I knew we would be ok. Roger worked with an amazing group of firefighters and office staff. Wow...it is no wonder he could not get himself in gear to retire. Though I would much rather have visited under different circumstances, the love we felt from everyone there was so real.

How can you cry and ball your eyes out when you can tell that everyone around him really really loved him and was having as hard a time with the loss as we are. Talk about getting outside of yourself. Roger did that all the time.

Maybe that was my lesson for the day. Step outside of your own world. There is love all around. Thank you KSCFD C-Shift! — at Kennedy Space Center Fire Station #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment