Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Preparation is the Key

TPA - Safety First - Be Prepared
It has been two weeks. I knew that this was a day when I had to stay busy. Why waste a day crying? And then there is the headache. 

Stuff was crowding in on me. I am a person who needs order around me before I can get to things like paperwork. And there is plenty of paperwork! So, I drifted today. It was like ADHD..on steroids! 

Somehow I ventured over to Roger's car. I thought I was ready, but I was wrong. But even in this, there is humor.  Roger was ready for the most absurd of emergencies. It is no wonder he always wanted a little car. The stuff in his trunk ate up a lot of gas efficiency! 

If he ran into someone on a bike, he could take care of them! Got a flat? No problem. Stuck in the sand? Flat rate boxes can help! Overheated car, or just thirsty ~ water will do the trick.  He had tools that only Tim the Tool-Man Taylor would understand.  And yes, on the back seat and in the seat pocket...good ole TP. "You NEVER want to run out of that stuff!"     You might think he had traveled to the dark reaches of a third world country or something. 

And he had every type of glove you might imagine. He could even handle a fire with some of this babies! 

I just had to laugh, because the organization involved in that trunk ALL came from me. And I already knew WHY he had all of the stuff...and I laughed when he told me too!  

But, I can say that I never really wanted for anything, and he was on the spot if ever anyone were hurt or injured. I can't speak so much about his home repairs, but that's for another day. They are funny fixes though! 

What was today's lesson? There were MANY today, so I could write a few posts. But this one...like a the Boy Scouts of old, BE PREPARED.  You never know who God is going to place in your path and what they are going to need.  

I needed the humor this morning, because when 4:30 rolled around, it was pretty tough. My journey of the day landed me right smack at the corner of 1st and Main and 4:30. Go figure that!  I miss him, and I really miss his laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment