Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pure Happiness, Abundant Joy


I just think this says enough on it's own. Hopefully it is large enough so that it can be read. Created by one of the firefighters at KSC/CCAFS (the Cape), it captures Roger really well.
He is looking at us from Heaven, we have the assurance that he is at peace, in the arms of Jesus. He told someone only Sunday (the 9th) that if the trumpet sounded he was ready, and even if it didn't he was ready. Wow, how many of us can say that on any given day? 
Fallen firefighters are pretty special to firefighters, so those lining the streets to welcome him, are of course, firefighters, many from 9-11/Twin Towers, but I bet many of his buddies as well. 
Roger had nicknames for EVERYONE and would generally call you by that name. It did make it difficult for me when reading names on badges though! NASA does not include nicknames on badges! 
I love the architecture in 'heaven'....some kind of looks like Disney, one of his favorite places on earth. I hope there is a green moon up there somewhere. He knew he was in love when we rode past the green moon in the Peter Pan ride! 

This piece of art brings me peace. The love and care that went into it's creation, well, I could not have done it at the time, that's for sure! I love the look on his face...just plain happiness. That is how I remember him. 


What is the lesson? I think it might be that life has its' ups and downs, its' stress and relaxation. It offers all kinds of positive and negative feelings and emotions, but essentially, it comes down to how you deal with things...and people. No one owes you happiness. Joy is not something to be bought, or earned, or something to which you are entitled. The only real joy comes in having a personal relationship with Christ, and through that you find happiness.  And with the look I see on his face in this image, with the happiness he is experiencing right now, he wouldn't come back if he could. 


Boy, he's going to be sooooo missed, but I am so blessed to have been a part of his heaven on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment