Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Stretching the Buck


"For my God has not given me a Spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind!"

Wow...so many thoughts swirling in my head this morning. Karin did a sweet thing for me last night. She set up this blog for me so I can put all of my thoughts and inspirations there, and not eat up everyone's feed. Also, all my "Lessons from Roger" can be in one place, kind of like my travel journal, which will be so much easier for looking back...I'm sure that will be needful in time.  Isn't technology GREAT?!

In my effort to find the 'new normal' I finally took a peek at the checkbook last night. I'm certain to have to find ways to stretch the buck...so to speak. And, WOW...the efficiency of government....NO Social Security deposit (Roger called it his welfare check). If you don't think the government knows EVERYTHING..... (I halfway expected this, because of handling daddy's affairs) It did make me ponder again though....if they (the govt) are this fast and accurate in this situation, how in the world is there so much fraud in SSA and Medicare and they don't know about it? 

But you know what...my Heavenly Father has got this one. He has given me a sound mind, and I can adapt. And I will not fear for tomorrow either, because He has already proven (actually, time and again) that He's got me in the palm of his hand. 

I woke up to a lovely sunrise, prayed for others who are hurting...and mostly prayed that they have a relationship with My Amazing Father in Heaven. Boy....I just do not know how people get through great loss without Him. I know the days of laughing all the time will return. I know the pain in my heart will eventually subside, but without The Comforter...in the faces of friends....I could not even get out of bed. 

Have a beautiful day! 


I'll put my blog up tonight...perhaps. And thanks for letting me share. Now YOU can decide if you want to tune in! ("iPhone lovers are saying YEA! My feed is freed up!")

No comments:

Post a Comment