Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Friends Nurture

Hands in the soil. Nature. Nurture. These things are healing. The weather has been great, so it has been easy to be in the yard. I have even weathered the critters that I have disturbed. If you talk to them, they go away. 

We received a most beautiful, and huge, prayer plant and it inspired me.  My neighbor yanked out some bromeliads for me and gave that big ole prayer plant a new home. So far I have managed to keep it watered and living.  It is the centerpiece of my new garden.   This cute little rose tree marks the corner. It received its designated place because it is relatively close to my pruners and I think that I might be able to keep it shaped up nicely...after it completes the blooming at least. Water. Sun. Snips. Hopefully this is all it will need! 

Bromeliads are on their way-out. Knockout roses might be on their way in. I need beauty around me and if Roger can't bring me roses, well then I will need them around his parking place. Fair enough, I guess. Now if my early rising, garden loving sister were just here to join me......

Roger's Lesson...keep growing. Find something to nurture (or mentor). 

He might not have been much of a gardener, but he loved that swing in the front yard and he loved it outdoors. I wish I had spent more time in the swing with him...bugs or no bugs.  So my message today is to spend time in the swing with your honey. There is just something very relaxing about swinging back and forth and spending time together. 

Well, at least if there are no bugs. Better hurry as put in your time in April! 






1 comment:

  1. Hi Judi, This is post speaks of romance in your memories - togetherness and roses. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete