Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Anyway



It made them think of Ro-Ro
There are days when I could stop what I am doing and post - several times a day. Today was one of those days, but I kept telling myself to stay on task. 

This popped up in my email just a moment ago. Bird-a-palooza is where they were heading, must have been a craft show of sorts. I just wanted to stay in and keep at organizing. That might have been a bad idea given that I told myself that I would pick people over paper...but a girl has GOT to get rid of all this paper! 

Anyway, I'm sure they had a great time - it was a beautiful day outside!

The kids found this little piece of art. They said it reminded them of Ro-Ro ...that would be Roger. Grandpa was far too ordinary a name for him, you see!  I think they are right-on and I hope they remember these words too.  (I'll post them at the end for those who are reading this on that tiny little phone)

Actually, I don't even need to add more because those words say it all.  The lesson would be to just do it...and preferably with consistency. 

"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. 
It never was between you and them, anyway. "
(I think it says Mother Teresa at the end, but I can't really tell)

I'd probably add to that, 
Some people will think that if you trust Christ to guide you, that you are weak or simple-minded or even weird. But trust Christ anyway.  
After all, when you really think about it, He gave everything for you. Who else on the planet, or in the government that supposedly will take care of you, has done that for you. I expect they would draw the line at dying for you.  But then, when you get right down to it, it is between you and God anyway and what anyone else votes about where you will spend eternity, just does not even count. 

Thanks, Mother Teresa and thanks for living it Ro-Ro! 

No comments:

Post a Comment