Treasure the Memories

He left us too quickly. Suddenly. As if it really was in the twinkling of an eye. One step on the sidewalk, the next one on the golden streets in Heaven. It is hard to wrap my earthly mind around this, but Roger's favorite Bible stories were about Enoch, Elijah and Elisha, so maybe this exit should not surprise me. I know God is faithful and that Roger believed that God numbered our days from beginning to end and in living every day fully and completely. He loved God. He loved people. I don't want to forget the lessons he taught me by living it. So I write.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tick Tock - and a Chime

Daylight savings time even!
It has only taken me one month to figure out this clock and I even got it re-set to Daylight savings time this afternoon! I feel like this sun-shine-y day has been working for me all day!

Paper purge....oh how my office needed that! It has not had attention since Gatlinburg - that was in December. 

Attention to detail, purging of clutter, and papers....oh, the mind feels so cleansed!  Perhaps this is really what I need when that gray, sad feeling comes over me.  Sue would say to go organize my sock drawer. I need to remember that. 

But this clock...this was Roger's little hobby, I guess. It was Papa's clock and became his clock. How many times over the last six months did he show me how to pull the chains properly so we would not have to all the clock guy.  How many times did he ask "are ya listening'?" 

Well, clearly I was standing there but I was not taking it all in. I mean, seriously, how hard could it be to set a clock. Yes, seriously! Indeed!  It took the help of my little sticky notes (on the side) and Emily's constant reminder that the weights were going down for me to even be aware that some things need attention!

I was convinced that you should only have to do this thing once a week, and after a month, guess what...I have this baby on a one week schedule. And if I never miss my Thursday, we are all set! 

I believe that Roger's Lesson for this little item is ....some things need attention on a regular basis. 
That probably goes for a whole lot of things in life, not just clocks.  So be sure you give your loved ones some really great attention....on a regular basis. Never take the next moment for granted. 

Hmmm....no wonder he loved his clock. It was all about the importance of time. 

1 comment: